Ever wanted to make big pots but didn’t think you had the strength?
This course will show you how to make big pots through throwing and coiling on the wheel. Using simple methods to help centre and work with large pieces of clay that don’t necessarily require a lot of strength. There is something hugely liberating and creatively enlivening about going big, not to mention the full body workout! Prepare to get very messy…
- This course is only open to five women
- Some previous throwing experience is essential
- Start time Friday evening to make the base and Saturday/Sunday to continue working on it.
- It will be a mixture of throwing and hand building/sculpting
- Although you might make more pots, only one will be once fired in a kiln and raw decorated using oxides
- Your pot does need to fit in to the kiln, so there will be a size restriction