This is a workshop exploring the mysterious and sometimes confusing world of stone ware glazes. Spend the day/s immersing yourself in experimenting with glazes, mixing your own and learning how to work with oxides and under glazes.
- Bisque fired pots and tiles will be provided
- All materials for making your own glaze will be provided
- Your glaze samples will be fired and ready for collection within a few days
- Glazes explained, as well as the raw materials that go into a glaze.
- How to make ash glaze and using local materials
Plus plenty of tea and cake and a delicious organic lunch