Porcelain was known as white gold and highly priced and sought after by emperors, kings and princes alike. A beautiful, silky material to work with, it can also be very challenging. Its benefits include translucency and amazing colour response, its difficulties the high shrinkage, warping and fluidity during firing. This weekend workshops will give you the space and time needed to experiment with the material, whether that is in throwing practice or hand building, or even glaze testing.
- Materials budget included
- Only open to 6-8 participants
- The class is small so that it can be tailored to your own preference
- Expert advice and guidance throughout the weekend
- A general history of porcelain
Lunch included both days